Payment Gateway Integration Must Haves
A Software Providers Payment Gateway Integration Must Haves
With so many payment partners to choose from, it can be a difficult task trying to find the right fit for your business and your customers. Here are a few things to look out for when looking for an effective payment gateway integration.
A Note On Security
Data safety and security should always be of utmost importance. Every business, especially those that process credit card transactions, need to ensure that data is safe and secure from interference or capture.
Make sure the payment provider your company partner’s with has the same security goals in mind. This will let both your end-users and their customers rest easy knowing their sensitive information is safe from prying eyes.
There are a few steps you should take that to ensure a chosen provider is a great fit for your business growth strategy.
- Transactions: Make sure that your payment gateway provider offers the types of transactions your industry needs, including medical (FSA/HSA card types) and B2B transactions (Level II and Level III transaction details).
- Testing: Opening a test account lets you see the benefits and flaws inherent to any system, giving you hands-on experience and direct information.
- Choosing API and Coding: Decide beforehand which API you’d like to utilize, be it REST, SOAP or another option. Find a partner that supports your coding preference.
- Certification: After programming, you’ll need to certify your application to show that it’s been integrated properly with your payment provider through a review process.
- Alternatives: Some partners offer additional payment options and encryption services. Check to see if these can be incorporated into your payment gateway integration plan.
Following these steps will make sure you’re getting a payment partner that works well with your software and will help provide your customers with the best possible experience.
Contact us today for more information on how Paragon Payment Solutions can help get you the payment gateway integration your business needs.
Ready to see our API or open a test account? Looking for more information on our Partner Programs? Are you a merchant with a question? We are here to help!